Python Issues on master baseline

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Thu Aug 27 16:49:07 UTC 2020

Hi Rick,

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 10:18 AM Rick VanderWal
<rvanderwal at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Good Morning,
>
> I just did a git pull on the rtems-source-builder repository and I am
> now getting the following error when I execute:
>
> ../source-builder/sb-check
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "../source-builder/sb-check", line 23, in <module>
>      import sb.check
> ImportError: No module named sb.check
>
> I have also tried running:
>
> ../source-builder/sb-set-builder --list-bsets
>
> and get:
>
> Incorrect Source Builder installation
>
> It appears to be an issue the Python module imports. (I'm not very
> familiar with python) After some Googling, I've tried putting an
> __init__.py in the sb directory. Running sb-check now, I get:
>
> error: failed to load Linux host support
>
> This was all done on Ubuntu Desktop 18.04 LTS. Python version is 2.7.17.
> I also tried modifying the sb-check script to force it to run python3
> (Version 3.6.9) and removed the __init__.py file, which also gave:
>
> error: failed to load Linux host support
>
> Adding the __init__.py file back had no effect.
>
> It appears that the last commit on the repository changed how python was
> executed, but I'm not sure if I have a python configuration issue on my
> machine that just doesn't work with it.
>
> Any guidance is definitely appreciated!

Good debugging. We found the problem yesterday. There's a patch
pending to fix it. Chris will probably fix it in several hours.

You can pluck it off the devel mailing list:
https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2020-August/061640.html

or you can reset your source-builder to prior to the broken commit, try
git checkout -b temp master~1

That will put you in a branch 'temp' prior to the broken commit on the head.